Vistas de página en total

sábado, 2 de octubre de 2010

The form of my intent - La forma de mi plan.


EVEY (Natalie Portman)
V (Hugo Weaveing)


Evey wants to see V face. He proclaims to her that his garish Guy Fawkes mask, is a critical component of his life and his image.

Quoting Viola from Shakespeare V says to Evey:

"Conceal me what I am,
and be my aid
For such disguise
as haply shall become
The form of my intent."

-"Twelfth Night", Act I, Scene II, lines 53-55


(Al referirse a su disfraz V, citando a Shakespeare, dice a Evey:)

“Esconde a mi quien soy,
Y es mi ayuda,
Ya que tal disfraz
Tal vez será
La forma de mi plan”.

Evey also remarks to V
a universal human truth:
"My father once told me that
artists use lies to show the truth…”

“Evey, please. . .
there is a face beneath this mask,
but it's not me.
I'm no more that face
than I am the muscles beneath it,
or the bones beneath them.”


(Es decir, V revela a Evey
que lo que ella vería
detrás de la máscara
no es él. Porque ¡Él es su apariencia!)

No hay comentarios: